Sex Advise: Worried Girlfriend

Question: My boyfriend and I have a perfect relationship and our sex life is great as well, but now that we've moved in together, I've noticed that he masturbates during the night, when he thinks I'm sleeping. He does it, maybe, 3 times a week. Does this mean I'm not fulfilling his sexual needs? I almost feel obligated to have sex more often so he won't have to masturbate, but I do know it's normal. Am I just worrying too much?

Answer: Yes, you are worrying about it too much, but there is a reason for your worry. If you feel excluded or rejected, you may wish to include yourself in his masturbation. Rather than confront him with your concern, it might be more productive to take an an active interest in it (if you feel inclined to do so). If you have no interest in his masturbation, leave it at that, and let him do it by himself. If he is extremely embarrassed by your interest, you might want to leave it go. Do not make this issue a major issue in the relationship. It sounds like your relationship is good and his masturbation three times a week leaves lots of room for a healthy sex life. You're not being a bad partner at all. It sounds like to me like you are genuinely concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment